Friday 18 July 2008

Bele Chere Invitational 2008: Who's There?



Trying to figure out how many of my homies I'm going to get to see next week. I know the usual will be there (minus Daven that I know won't be there ... and possibly Ivy if he gays out and goes downtown instead of to the hill). But will Shope and they Franklin boys be there? What about the usual ladies? I hope it rains this year. It's just not the Bele Chere Classic w/o rain.

Right now, the West Side is assembled and ready to go.

Dunbar or Web, could you guys fill us in on any rules changes, etc. we can expect this year?

7 comments:

Dunbar said...

Sparkles,

We have the usual teams. The Cruisers will be there minus Ivy. Westside, PWS, Tonsil Rockers, Bad News Beers (new team), Waffle Stompers (new team), Red Rockets (Shope), 2 girls teams, 2 new teams from Brevard, Mccandless Brothers. Should be exciting. I think this will be the largest tournament so far

Dunbar said...

As far as new rules. I think the only change is that you will now have to put the ball in the barrel in order for it to be a strike. Last year if you just hit the barrel it was a strike which led to some interesting lob pitching techniques. So I think we will try to keep the pitching more conventional and make the pitchers put it in the barrel.

Dunbar said...

Is Caffery coming? Do you have many extras? I would like to get an extra team together using the extras.

Sparkles said...

Caff said he is in. As far as extras, I have only one coming with me, and he's a maybe. But we need him since Daven is going to be out of town. I might can wrangle some if you need more.

Weber said...

Daven is a pussy for not coming out! It is good to hear that Caff is going to be there. You guys look pretty solid. We have a lot of potential out there this year.

There is only one more rule that I know of.

1. The Tonsil Rockers (Paco) are not allowed to win this year.

Sparkles said...

Good luck with that shit. Freakin' Paco.

Weber said...

You hit them high and we'll hit them low!